The alert level for the forecasted track (next 72h) is Red.
The overall alert level is Red for New Caledonia
This tropical cyclone can have a low humanitarian impact based on the storm strength and the affected population in the past and forecasted path.
Please see methodology for more explanations on thresholds.
In particular New Caledonia are affected by high winds up to 204 km/h (57 m/s or 127mph).
Current Storm Status
Analysis based on advisory number 15 for NIRAN-21, published on 04 Mar 2021 12:00
- The storm is: active
- Current country: Australia, New Caledonia, Norfolk Island, Vanuatu
- Current position: Lat:-15.4 Lon:150.4
- Alert level at current position: Red
- Basin: NTerritory
- Current strength: Hurricane/Typhoon > 118 km/h
- Maximum sustained winds: 157 km/h (current), 204 km/h (next 5 days)
GDACS report created on 05 Mar 2021 09:22.
For a more complete report including information on storm surge and extreme rainfall, please go to http://www.gdacs.org/Cyclones/report.aspx?eventid=1000772&eventtype=TC.